We’re always looking for great team members interested in growing with us. Do you take pride in your work? Do you want to be rewarded for hard work and dedication? Do you want to be surrounded with other high-achieving co-workers? We should talk.
Currently, we’re seeking Technician applicants for both our Commercial and Residential Departments. If you’re interested in applying to join our team, fill out the form below. You can submit your resume now or at a later time. We also accept applications from talented individuals who think they’d make a great contribution to our team. Just specify the position you’re seeking in the “Position Interested In” field. We’ll get back to you soon and thanks for your interest in our team!
Great Garage Door Technicians are:
- Hard-Working They are punctual and precise. No job is done until it’s done right.
- Mechanically Inclined and Always Curious For our technicians, fixing things is more than just a job, it’s also usually a hobby.
- Customer-friendly. Our people are people-people. Our employees are great communicators and understand the importance of customer satisfaction.
- Challenge-Seeking. Our employees understand that there isn’t always a standard procedure for completing a task, so they must be resourceful and quick to adapt.
- Enjoy a variety of work and can work independently. They often don’t like being confined to one setting and appreciate the independence of self-management.
- Appreciate working outdoors with their hands. They don’t like to be confined indoors and enjoy being outside, rain or shine.
- Mentally and physically strong. Our employees must be able to lift at least 50 pounds and be able to complete work that requires their hands and arms to be above shoulder height for extended periods of time.
Employees typically have the opportunity to work on overhead doors in either our Commercial or Residential Departments. Here are a few of the differences:
- Commercial: We install and service nine different products in our Commercial Department, including sectional doors, rolling steel and fire doors, dock equipment, entry doors, gate operators, high-speed doors, among other products. Because we install and service for large commercial clients and small residences in the Michiana area, our training program is rigorous and comprehensive, but rewarding. It is an apprenticeship and new hires will accompany a Lead Technician for several years as you learn the trade. You will get extensive experience in electrical, welding, fabricating, and construction fields, and upon completion you will feel confident in your ability to handle any garage door related task.
- Residential: Team members in our Residential Department are responsible for installing and servicing garage doors at customer’s homes. Because these processes are typically less complicated, our training program is approximately 3 to 6 months. Technicians must possess fantastic customer service skills to succeed. To truly succeed, candidates must have superior communication skills, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, as well as the ability to work well under pressure.
- Compensation: On average, team members start earning $30,000+. Average Residential Technician compensation is $40,000-$50,000 annually but can be significantly more with commissions. Experienced Technicians can earn over $60,000 annually.
The Overhead Door Company provides:
- Industry-leading pay.
- Health insurance benefits after the first 90 days, and 401(k) after the first year.
- Paid vacations and holidays.
- A healthy and safe work environment. We provide on-site wellness screenings and regularly perform random drug tests of all employees.
- Uniforms and most tools.
- A positive work environment with teamwork and 40 hours or more of training a year.
- A lifelong career, rather than a job.
- Opportunities for advancement.